[Users] UAC module use and REGISTER problem

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Dec 6 18:26:05 CET 2006

Hi Christophe,

the contact header has nothing to do with the authentication process.
Contact describe the IP location of the device, while credentials
describe the auth access.

so, the contact should not be changed at all - of course this does not
rule out the possibility for some servers to implement some very strange
auth checks ;).

regarding the point 2) - there is no standard policy if a user is
allowed to place calls when not registered. Logically I would say is
should be no dependency between (as time you are able to authenticate
both INVITEs and REGISTERs) - the registration process is related to
incoming calls and it should not restrict the ability to place outbound
calls.....but again, it is a matter of policy....

better ask the provider about this.

regards,
bogdan