[Users] identifying what an ACK is in response to

Wed Dec 6 11:35:52 CET 2006

Mark Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How does one determine which part of a SIP conversation an ACK packet is
> responding to?  I would have guessed that it would be in tne CSeq, but that

What for do you need it? Inside openser.cfg or just manually SIP debugging?

Openser does not need to know to which transaction an ACK belongs. If
you need it, you can use the dialog module and see if it matches an
existing dialog. Just compare callid, totag, fromtag and cseq.

> field just says, for example,
>
>    CSeq: 3 ACK

This ACK matches the INVITE transaction with same callid, totag, fromtag
and CSeq = 3.

regards
klaus

> The only method I have come up with so far is looking at the source and
> destination ports + the destination of the Request-LIne and try to
> determine
> the most recent message it might be responding to.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Price

Klaus Darilion
nic.at