[Users] openser routing lookup question

Dave Logan davel at dsp-services.com
Thu Aug 31 23:14:38 CEST 2006

Hey all, I have what may or may not be a simple situation.
I've read through dozens of forum entries, dozens more list
mails, and a handful of "tutorials" for openser, and I'm
still missing something I think.  I'm not afraid of the
documentation, but neither the "core cookbook" nor the
modules documentation had enough detail that I could catch
on to what's going on.

Let me lay out my scenario, and maybe somebody can point to
a particular document or solution I can follow up on.

I have multiple asterisk boxes:  four as media gateways with
TDM trunks, one feature server (VM), and three registrars.
So needless to say, I have a lot of dialplan in there just
for calls that stay in my network.

What I'd like is to introduce a single openser box in there,
and for any call that any of those asterisk machines gets,
it sends it to openser, which then just calls a simple
script (which I've already more or less written) to know
what to do.

So for example, I own the 555-1000(-1099) DID block
DID 555-1000 is registered to machine1
DID 555-1001 is registered to machine2
In openser, I'm envisioning a call like such
(php style notation):

my $number = 5551000
in openser: $newdestination = exec('lookupdestination($number)');
now $newdestination is 5551000 at machine1
or
my $number = 5551001
in openser: $newdestination = exec('lookupdestination($number)');
now $newdestination is 5551001 at machine2

Then I can just route it in the normal openser way.
So there, my lookupdestination script knows all the numbers
in my central database and where they're located, and on an
unknown number assumes it's outside our network so just
sends it to the gateway as is (5552000 at gw1) or so.

Thanks for any pointers at all,
dave

--

Dave Logan
http://www.digitalcoven.com/

"Do let's pretend that I'm a hungry hyena, and you're a bone!"
  - Alice