[openser] Re: [Users] Problem with a NATing proxy

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Aug 17 16:22:46 CEST 2006

Hi Ramona,

> you should start with the config file from
> http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/OpenSER+And+RTPProxy
> It handles NAT traversal and user location.

Thank you for your quick answer.
I have a couple of questions about this configuration file.

1) I fumbled a bit through the various RFCs without - I must admit it -
thorough attention, but I wasn't able to understand why record_route()
should not be called with the "REGISTER" method.

2) Why fix_nated_contact() is not called in cas of a REGISTER method ?
Instead fix_nated_register() is called, but I don't see the point in
not fixing the Contact header field as well.

3) If loose_route() succeeds (by the way, what does the success of such
a function means ?), the packet flow jumps to route[1], which is a
dead-end path.  This means when loose_route() is successful, we aren't
going through the save/lookup magic.  I have read what loose routing
means in RFC3261 but I couldn't really understand what the point of
this particular rule is.

Thank you for you help.
Jeremie Le Hen