[Users] am I doing it right?

Ohad.Levy at infineon.com Ohad.Levy at infineon.com
Tue Aug 1 17:50:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

I still have some questions about this point - if it's ok to reactive
this topic....

> > > Are both proxies using the same remote database???

modparam("usrloc|lcr|auth_db|avpops|group","db_url","mysql://openser:ope
> > ns
> > > errw at voip-db.mydomain.com/openser")
> > > If this is the case, when a user agent registers again and makes a
SRV
> > > DNS query, it might get the address of the other server, which
tries
> > > to add to the database a record which will be understood as a
> > > duplicate by the DB because there's already an entry for that
user.

But why would the second proxy rewrite it to the db - the record already
exists in its memory?!

Is it a bad thing if you get this duplicate error message? Do you see
any reason to not to have one location table between the servers?

> I recommend you to dig into the historic archives of the mailing list
> for redundancy and fail over scenarios...it's a really complex topic
> which I don't know enough to write it here.

I did so, but I can't find any conclusion - its obvious that in SER (not
OpenSER) the option to save to only memory is not available and that you
have to have different location database for each ser, but I would like
to avoid having multiple location tables - is that wrong?

Thanks,
Ohad