[Users] DID Handling -> Transitioning from Asterisk/SipX

T.R. Missner trmissner at bandwidth.com
Tue Aug 1 04:08:09 CEST 2006

Max,

We are doing this same thing but our method is somewhat of a hack.
We effectively use a system call from within the cfg script to lookup
the DID in a postgres db.
The lookup returns the domain the DID belongs too ( our customer's
switch ).
We then re-write the RURI and forward the message along using t_relay.

This is a simplification but I think you get the point.

I would also like to know if there is a more 'proper' way to accomplish
this lookup.

The difference between what we are doing and what it seems openser was
built to do is the lack of registrations.
If we implemented registrations then I think we could use the userloc
module.
Am I right about this?

Is there a better way to implement 'static registrations'?

T.R.