[Users] Re: Got SEMS-svn and OpenSER-cvs to work

Rick van Rein rick at vanrein.org
Thu Apr 27 20:25:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

Just for the (pipermail) record: How I got OpenSER+SEMS to work on FreeBSD.

OpenSER is not causing any problems in combination with SEMS-svn anymore.
No need to use any specific version, just the CVS-head from openser.org.
It now works completely, an IVR app is reading out .wav files and
processing the DTMF music that I play for it.

In openser.cfg I used
	unix_sock="/tmp/openser.sock"
	if(!t_write_unix("/tmp/sems.sock", "ivr")){
		t_reply("500", "error contacting sems");
	}

In sems.conf I used
	socket_name=/tmp/sems.sock
	reply_socket_name=/tmp/sems.reply.sock
	ser_socket_name=/tmp/openser.sock
	send_method=socket

I started OpenSER with
	openserctl start

I started SEMS with
	/path/to/sbin/sems -d vr0 -f /path/to/etc/iptel/sems/sems.conf

The name vr0 happens to be the ethernet interface that I am using, on Linux
you'd mostly use eth0 for the same setup.

All this runs on FreeBSD with adaptions that were checked into SVN, rev.39.

Greetings,
 -Rick