[Users] Coupling with SEMS?

Rick van Rein rick at vanrein.org
Thu Apr 13 13:37:06 CEST 2006

Thanks Juha,

> sems ser_rel_0_9_0 should work fine with openser 1.0.1 and svn trunk
> version of sems should work ok with cvs head version of openser.

As you suggested, I upgraded to the CVS head of OpenSER to match the
SVN head of SEMS.  But SEMS still bails out when it replies, see attached
details.  (Not sure where to ask, but it seems that SER is not picking
up where SEMS left off.)

I cannot figure out what the connection between SEMS' reply socket and
SER is.  And that appears to cause the problems.  Documentation is rather
thin on this issue.

In openser.cfg I have set

	unix_sock="/tmp/openser.sock"

...and I call...

	t_write_unix ("/tmp/sems.sock", "echo")

In sems.conf I have

	socket_name=/tmp/sems.sock
	reply_socket_name=/tmp/sems.reply.sock

The latter name is not connected to anything of SER, as far as I can tell.
If I set reply_socket_name to /tmp/openser.sock I get the same crash as
below.  If I set reply_socket_name to /tmp/sems.sock there is no crash
but also no behaviour.

In all cases, SER seems to be doing a lot of reply resending amd cleanup.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have,

Cheers,

Rick van Rein.

Below is the debugging output that ends in a crash.
The core dump confirms the function names that are in the output.

------------ 8< ------------ 8< ------------ 8< ------------ 8< ------------

(79899) DEBUG: write_to_socket (AmUtils.cpp:587): sending:
<:t_reply:/tmp/167EB0 E7-443E3484000AE409-0884E000
200
OK
31998:80608280
41C67EA6-443E3484000A97C9-08103000
Supported: timer
Session-Expires: 10;refresher=uas
Contact: <sip:vanrein at 10.0.0.10>
.
v=0
o=username 0 0 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
s=session
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
t=0 0
m=audio 10000 RTP/AVP 0
a=rtmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-15
a=direction:passive
.

(79899) DEBUG: write_to_socket (AmUtils.cpp:613): write to unix socket:
complete d
Bus error (core dumped)