[Users] OpenSER using TLS / TCP

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:56:20 CEST 2006

inline ...

On 4/11/06, Thorsten.Haupt at t-systems.com <Thorsten.Haupt at t-systems.com> wrote:
> > I think snoms are not capable of receiving incoming tls connection.
>
> And MiniSIP ... ?

minisip can ... you just need to configure it to listen on a tls port
(udp & tcp on 5060, tls on 5061, for example). The thing is that to do
this, you need to provide minisip with a certificate, signed by some
CA that openser accepts (in the ca_list). Of course, you can always
modify the "verification" procedure in openser and minisip so that
neither really checks the cert ... but that should be used only with
debugging.

> > Thus, you have to keep the snom-openser tls connection open ... a way to do it is to force the snom phone the register
> > before the tls timeout ... i think that the timeout is around 2 minutes ...
>
> Yes, this is one solution. My telephones (Snoms and MiniSIP) register now every minute.
> But is there no other solution, server-side? What about the parameters "tls_handshake_timeout", "tls_send_timeout" or "tcp_connect_timeout"? I tried this parameters, but nothing changed.

mmm ... i think there was a discussion on this keep-alive thing ...
maybe you could use the same NAT tricks to keep the connection open
... i just don't know how well would snom/minisip respond to "empty"
data ... you can try, though.

Cesc