[Users] Random error with NAT (error in 'c field')

Bruno Machado bsmufu at yahoo.com.br
Mon Apr 10 20:19:20 CEST 2006

Hi fellows

     Our system is showing an anormal behavior. Sometimes, our clients devices behind NAT cannot obtain successfuls call to other device. Take a look at the SDP headers below. These 2 dumps were made between SIP Proxy and client (at private IP 192.168.0.13). Notice that the 'c field' is differente between them. The first SDP has the public address from RTPProxy (X.Y.Z.A). This call is a example of a perfect situation. The SDP below that shows the 'c field' with a private address. When the call is established, the RTP from my phone is sent to this private IP, 192.168.0.13, in our LAN.

     All the sinalization is sent among the 2 devices and SIP Proxy normally.

     When the 'openser' process is restarted, the calls flows without any problems.

     Somebody knows what can be happen?

     Thanks in advance

     Bruno Machado

 INVITE,ACK,CANCEL,BYE,NOTIFY,REFER,OPTIONS,INFO,SUBSCRIBE,UPDATE
 P-hint: usrloc applied
 P-hint: nat-p2p
 v=0
 o=11000600 8000 8002 IN IP4 192.168.0.13
 s=SIP Call
 c=IN IP4 X.Y.Z.A..t=0 0
 m=audio 56304 RTP/AVP 18 4 0 8 2 99 101
 a=sendrecv
 a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
 a=rtpmap:4 G723/8000
 a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

 INVITE,ACK,CANCEL,BYE,NOTIFY,REFER,OPTIONS,INFO,SUBSCRIBE,UPDATE
 P-hint: usrloc applied
 P-hint: nat-p2p
 v=0
 o=11000600 8000 8002 IN IP4 192.168.0.13
 s=SIPCall
 c=IN IP4 192.168.0.13
 t=0 0
 m=audio 5004 RTP/AVP 18 4 0 8 2 99 101