[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS - Use Rate Limit module for Pike limiting

Aknin, Liran liran.aknin at vonage.com
Mon May 22 05:34:30 EDT 2017

Hi,

With the flexibility of the Rate Limit module, that allows us to limit over
customized pipes, we were thinking of using this module also for pike
limiting, by defining a pipe per request source ip ($si).

We are already using Rate Limit module for a different use case, and
considering using it also for pike, instead of using an additional Pike
module.

We would like to hear your thoughts about the matter. Specifically if there
are advantages of using the Pike module rather than customizing Rate Limit
module for pike purposes.

Best regards,
Liran