[OpenSIPS-Users] ERROR topology_hiding_match() and WSS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu May 18 06:42:43 EDT 2017

Hi,

Just to update the list with the outcome of this investigation.

The problem is generated by an ambiguity in WS/WSS specs (RFC 7118)
which state that a WSS client must advertise "transport=ws" - this is
really confusing for a SIP proxy which has no clue on which transport
(WS or WSS) to use to reach the user.

Most of the WSS UAC decided to disobey the IETF specs and to actually
advertise wss. See the case for SIPjs:
https://github.com/onsip/SIP.js/issues/97
<https://github.com/onsip/SIP.js/issues/97>

After updating the SIP.js client, the call flow works like a charm.

Best regards,

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
   http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html