[OpenSIPS-Users] unixodbc connection problem - gnutls /dev/urandom error

Jeff Pyle JPyle at fusionconnect.com
Fri Mar 31 09:29:23 EDT 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to connect OpenSIPS 2.2.3 to a MS SQL database for avpops through unixodbc + freetds on Debian 8.  I see the following OpenSIPS errors:

DBG:db_unixodbc:db_unixodbc_new_connection: opening connection: unixodbc://xxxx:xxxx@localhost/SQLMaster
ERROR:db_unixodbc:db_unixodbc_new_connection: failed to connect
ERROR:db_unixodbc:db_unixodbc_extract_error: unixodbc:SQLDriverConnect=08001:1:0:[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
ERROR:db_unixodbc:db_unixodbc_extract_error: unixodbc:SQLDriverConnect=01000:2:20002:[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Adaptive Server connection failed

This only occurs within OpenSIPS.  Testing on isql with the same credentials and DSN works fine.

FreeTDS gives the following logs:

login.c:1057:detected flag 0
net.c:1259:GNUTLS: level 5:
  REC[0x21569b0]: Allocating epoch #0
net.c:1259:GNUTLS: level 3:
  ASSERT: gnutls_constate.c:586
net.c:1259:GNUTLS: level 5:
  REC[0x21569b0]: Allocating epoch #1
net.c:1259:GNUTLS: level 2:
  Failed to read /dev/urandom: Bad file descriptor
net.c:1259:GNUTLS: level 3:
  ASSERT: rnd.c:174
net.c:1259:GNUTLS: level 3:
  ASSERT: rnd.c:291
...and so on.

/dev/urandom is present, has crw-rw-rw- permissions, and works properly according to rngtest from rng-tools.

I've seen some posts indicating this may be a gnutls bug and recompiling freetds with openssl is required.  I tried that - no change.

Since this only occurs within OpenSIPS I thought I'd pose the question here.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.

- Jeff