[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS debug logging SIP packets it deems non-local

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:26:39 EDT 2017

Thank you, Răzvan, I appreciate the confirmation of my suspicions.

The whole situation is very, VERY strange. I checked iptables (and
disabled) without a change, as well as ngrep - I have SIP traces
showing it attempting to talk to that OpenSIPS box by ngrepping _from_
the same OpenSIPS box. IP and port matches. I just cannot for the life
of me figure out why either the networking stack is not handing these
packets to OpenSIPS... or OpenSIPS is ignoring them to such a point it
isn't even logging them.

It's all very mysterious, and frankly, frustrating. I'm not entirely
sure what to try next.

I'm vaguely wondering if we have some really bizarre network assymetry
which is pushing the packets in via the wrong interface, but they have
totally different IPs (private vs public), so that doesn't even seem
possible, but I'm grasping at straws to explain what I'm seeing. I
need an exorcist!

 - Jock