[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy hanging sessions on high load

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Mar 17 14:08:58 EDT 2017

On 17 Mar 2017, at 3:54, Daniel Zanutti wrote:

> Adrian
>
> You may be correct, overload can be the problem. But since the call is already finished, how can I remove from the relay?

One way is to issue commands to the dispatcher to end certain sessions, in the same way that opensips issues them when it receives a BYE. But this is easier said than done, because you will need to find out the call-id , from-tag and to-tag of the call in order to do that.

At some point we had the idea to add this kind of functionality to the monitoring web page allowing you to click a button next to a call to forcefully end it, but it never come to fruition.

The only thing you can do for now is make sure you have at least another relay connected to the dispatcher, so it can absorb new calls, the run /etc/init.d/media-relay stop-gracefully and wait until this relay has no more active traffic, then you can run /etc/init.d/media-relay restart to restart it.

--
Dan