[OpenSIPS-Users] Quest to find memory leak

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Wed Mar 8 04:43:39 EST 2017

Hi, John!

The traces you showed me are incomplete: they do not have all the memory
chunks allocated, thus I can't say wether something is wrong or not.
As I said earlier, it is normal for opensips to use extra memory every
call. But after a while, this should stabilize. After a while might mean
more than 1000k calls. As long as you never reach the upper limit of the
memory, you can't conclude that there is a memory leak. Even then,
you're limit might be too low for the kind of traffic you are doing, so
it still might not be a memory leak. But only then it is worth to
investigate.
When we investigate, we need all the data (i.e. the entire trace of the
memory dump).
So please try to send as many calls as possilble, and if this issue
still persists, make a pkg memory dump when the server is in idle mode
and send it over.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions