[OpenSIPS-Users] Building a redirect server

Royee Tichauer royee.tichauer at vonage.com
Mon Jun 12 05:45:39 EDT 2017

Hi,

We are thinking of going through a path of building a redirect registrar
server using opensips. In addition we are planning to add an additional SBC
layer also using opensips. My question is can we use opensips in such a way
that when an authenticated INVITE comes in to the SBC it is sent over to
the redirect registrar server which if authorized will respond with a 3xx
that will indicate the SBC that it should redirect this INVITE to the
user's assigned PBX. I would of course expect the SBC to absorb the 3xx
response and have this all seem less for the client. Our objective here to
get the authentication server out of the call path so future SIP traffic
for a dialog does not go through this server.

Any thoughts/ suggestions/ past experience with this kind of setup would be
helpful.

Thanks a lot,
Royee