[OpenSIPS-Users] Location table - how to use socket

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 13:58:08 EDT 2017

Hi Bogdan,

Surely $si is the IP source address of the request. It would show me where the INVITE came from, not the socket for the current R-URI wouldn't it?

The main problem with shared location table is reading back and using contacts that are relevant on the local server. I don't want to read back registrations that happened on the other server OR if I have to work with a complete list of all contacts then I need simple way to filter and use them sensibly. Possible cases were:
 - User registered on this server
 - User registered on the other server
 - User registered on both servers
 - User is not registered on either server
The lookup() function returns true for all of the first three cases. You then need to determine how many branches are there and then check if the socket for the R-URI and for the branch (if present) matches a local socket - allowing for socket to be tls or udp or, as often happened, <null> - then remove the non-local contact if present and relay the INVITE OR decide that the contact was non-local and return 302. Consequently, this involved a lot of messy code and I never got it working.

Another issue was the limit for maximum contacts. I was using save("location", "fc2") when it was a single site solution. When we changed to dual site with a shared location table, it had to be changed to save("location", "fc3") because the save function counts all contact records for that user irrespective of socket. The relaxation required to allow registration on both servers would also allow two registrations on one server which I don't want to allow.  [btw, fc2 limits to one record per user and fc3 limits to 2 - curious].

John Quick
Smartvox Limited