[OpenSIPS-Users] Binary replication errors

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Jan 16 09:50:58 EST 2017

Hi, Schneur!

Thanks for the feedback! Answers inline:

> I removed the modparam("dialog", "replicate_profiles_to", 1) and the
> modparam("dialog", "accept_replicated_profiles", 1) (which was in my
> script but forgot to paste it in previous post) and now it works.
>
> Seems like its a old problem, when I had the profile replication I was
> getting "WARNING:dialog:receive_prof_binary_packet: bad packet type"
> Liviu was aware of it
> (https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/938) , but I still have
> issues in latest build.

That's exactly the case. 2.3-dev already has this issue fixed, but a
backport for 2.2 and below is still pending.

> I wonder why the old replication methods were removed and replaced
> with a module thats still in Alpha (clusterer) ?????
The 2.2 "clusterer" is just a node centralizer, allowing you to
provision/group/refer your nodes easier. It's quite safe to use, and
bug-free.
> The documentation of clusterer and replication is also outdated, for
> example opensips does not recognize the parameter persistent_mode
> which is supposed to work according to the docs. also the binary
> replication docs for 2.2 still tells you to use bin_listen which has
> been replaced with listen=bin, it also tells you to use bin_children
> which was phased out as, see the following link.
> https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Interface-Binary-2-2
Will get those fixed asap.

Regards,

Liviu Chircu