[OpenSIPS-Users] MI fifo commands for multiple opensips instances

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Wed Feb 22 02:52:24 EST 2017

On 02/21/2017 10:30 PM, Mundkowsky, Robert wrote:
> If there is no reason to share the fifo file, then you config OpenSIPS to use a different fifo file per instance.  I actually wonder if a fifo file can be shared with multiple instances or if you have to use a database if you want a cluster of them, but guess I can read the book if I need that.
It is not possible to share a fifo file with multiple OpenSIPS instances.

> Robert

As Robert said, you need to start OpenSIPS with different fifo files[1]
and specify the it to for each call:

OSIPS_FIFO=/tmp/opensips_fifo1 opensipsctl ps # PS of first instance
OSIPS_FIFO=/tmp/opensips_fifo2 opensipsctl ps # PS of second instance

Of course, you can write a wrapper that calls each time both of them.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/mi_fifo#id249588

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions