[OpenSIPS-Users] yum install vs download manual install

Jeff Wilkie jwilkie at usipcom.com
Wed Feb 15 13:22:59 EST 2017

What am I missing out on by installing via yum vs the way I've always
installed OPENSIPS by download extraction?  I notice some of the linking
files and MEMORY setting files are not to be located from the yum install
version but I'm afraid other important items might also be missing to
complete a full and successful implementation of OPENSIPS for production
use?  Recommendations?  Should I abandon the yum install?  I do like the
ease of the installation! lol  Is there a file to control MEM used and
threads?

Thanks

Jeff