[OpenSIPS-Users] Load testing in opensips with async in 2.1 version

Ramachandran, Agalya (Contractor) Agalya_Ramachandran at comcast.com
Tue Sep 20 21:44:19 CEST 2016

Thanks for the clarification Bogdan.

Regards,
Agalya

From: users-bounces at lists.opensips.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.opensips.org] On Behalf Of Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:06 AM
To: Ramachandran, Agalya (Contractor) <Agalya_Ramachandran at comcast.com>; Liviu Chircu <liviu at opensips.org>; OpenSIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Load testing in opensips with async in 2.1 version

Hi Agalya,

With rest_client in async mode, you should see ~ cps rate as without having it (considering that the HTTP queries are finishing) - of course, this is valid for longer test intervals (much longer than the maximum time to reply for the HTTP queries).

In async, the time to query will translate in 0 extra load for OpenSIPS. Of course, the processing of a call will be affected by the HTTP time to query, but on longer periods of time, the CPS will not be affected (as opensips will be able to handle the load).