[OpenSIPS-Users] Fraud_detection module

Denis denis7979 at mail.ru
Fri Nov 11 08:38:55 CET 2016

Hello, Liviu!

OK, thank you.

Additionally i will ask you to analyze one case.
In attachment you can find a log of calls, which were made by one user some time ago (with the number 1234567). It`s a fraud.
Also i attached a piece of opensips.cfg related to a fraud detection (see script.txt). When critical event triggered Opensips sends email to some address (see script.txt).

As you can see in the call log, fraud began at 01:40 2016-10-01. Value of the field "sip_reason" "fraud_detected" means that fraud_module detects the fraud and a call was discarded by script logging (see script.txt)
First email about that i received at 01:41 with fraud param " calls per minute".
Next email i received only at 11:08 with fraud param "total calls".

Between these two time stamps i have no emails about fraud, and as you can see from the call log, there were many successful calls in this period with "big" duration.

Fraud_detection table had such content:
profileid = 1
prefix = 810
start_hour = 00:00
end_hour = 23:59
daysoftheweek = Mon-Sun
cpm_critical = 6
call_duration_critical = 3600
tatal_calls_critical = 30
concurant_calls_critical = 30
sequential_calls_critical = 5000

The questions is:
- Why module didn`t detect fraud based on "call duration"?

Thank you.

mailto:denis7979 at mail.ru

Upon looking through the source code, it seems that calls_per_min / total_calls / concurrent_calls are also reset to 0 every time a new rule is matched, or if the day has changed since we last matched the current rule.
I will make sure this info ^ is more easily accessible: either in a new tutorial section or the module doc.
Regards,
Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com