[OpenSIPS-Users] How to overcome SIP ALG on Wi-Fi routers

Nabeel nabeelshikder at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:42:55 CEST 2016

Thanks for the suggestions of using TLS or changing the port. I changed the
port, but some routers are still able to mess with the SIP headers. I would
have used TLS, if not for two reasons:

1. ICE protocol was originally designed for UDP according to RFC5245, and
it seems to work better with UDP.

2. The SIP servers I have used (OpenSIPS and Repro) seem to be more stable
with UDP compared to TLS (they do not randomly drop connections, throw
unusual errors in the logs, etc.)

I may try TLS again, but it would be better if there is an alternative
workaround for UDP.