[OpenSIPS-Users] SIPTrace not sending to duplicate_uri

Kneeoh kneeoh at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 16:52:05 CEST 2016

Apparently setting the trace flag is required before trace_dialog() contrary to the docs. I've set that and am seeing packets egress (although I don't think I'm seeing the full dialog trace. Only 3 packets on a call setup) It looks like i'm not getting the replys. Do I need to arm trace_dialog() again in the on_reply route? My understanding was that you only have to set it once.

Issue 2: SIP traffic goes across eth0, my public facing interface. I want the siptrace module to shoot trace data out of eth1, my private interface. The kernel has a static route that says to get to my duplicate_uri host, use eth1. Which works at the kernel level. I can issue a ping to the duplicate_uri host and I see requests going out the private and replys, etc.
However, when running tcpdump and placing a call via this opensips box, I see that eth0 is the egress interface that is being used to try to reach the duplicate_uri host. I've tried adding a separate listen statement for that private interface, but that didn't do anything. I thought perhaps the trace_local_ip parameter controlled, this but was informed by Liviu that this was not the case. Any idea on how to solve this problem or the problem with missing replys when using trace_dialog()?
Thanks in advance! (I'm on IRC if anyone has any more detailed questions...or just ask here.)