[OpenSIPS-Users] What is the module to fix SDP ?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Wed Mar 30 19:57:33 CEST 2016

Hi.

I have a case when a peer answering a call (INVITE) is behind a NAT.

So, in its SIP OK message I would like to see the SDP containing a valid IP and media Port valid to receive audio from the caller. That is, the caller need to know a valid IP and Port where he/she can send his/her audio packets.

1 - Is it possible to "fix" SDP content for such objective?

2 - Can OpenSIPS do something for this idea works or must I to use something more like a stun server?

3 - What is the OpenSIPS module that can help me with this task?

I guess I will have to fix 2 fiels in SDP:

    Media Description, name and address (m): audio 55142 RTP/AVP 8 101  ( to fix the port)
    Connection Information (c): IN IP4 192.168.100.156                                  ( to fix the IP)

P.S.: I have already a solution (opensips.cfg) that let SIP messages cross NATs without problems. Only SDP has to be fixed.

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center