[OpenSIPS-Users] Fwd: Push notifications

José Expósito jose.exposito89 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 13:47:53 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement Apple Push Notifications with OpenSIPS.

At the moment, when Alice calls Bob and Bob is offline, I send the push
notification to Bob and call async sleep until Bob becomes online and I
proceed whit the call as usual:

> if (!lookup("location","m")) {
>     if (is_method("INVITE")) {
>         # Sends the notification here
>         t_reply("100", "Trying");
>         t_reply("180", "Ringing");
>         async(sleep("5"), wait_bob);
> }
>
> [...]
>
> route[wait_bob] {
>     if (!lookup("location","m")) {
>         async(sleep("2"), wait_bob);
>     }
>     if (!t_relay()) { # This establishes the call as usual when Bob
becomes online
>         send_reply("500","Internal Error");
>     }
>    exit;
> }

This mechanism works without problems, but, when integrating and RTP proxy
OpenSIPS is randomly crashing after a while.

That's why I'm trying to avoid the use of async sleep and switch to another
mechanism.

As usual, how do you solve this problem?
Is there any  way to send a new (re)INVITE when Bob becomes online?

I'm trying to use create_dialog() when Bob registers, but it doesn't look
to work -I'm probably using it wrong.

Thank you very much in advance