[OpenSIPS-Users] Userloc, Bin Interface, and Clusterer combo

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jun 14 12:07:12 CEST 2016

Hi Sammy,

The registration records are usually bound to an interface (the ip and
port the registration was received) - that interface will be used all
the time in the communication with the registered end point.

Now, when if server A receives the Registration on interface X, and this
is replicated to server B, this server B may not have the X interface,
but something else (an Y interface). So the registration record will
loose some information (the interface it is bound to). This is the
nature of the error message you see.
And yes, using the ip_nonlocal_bind options is the way to go.

Once replicated, the registration records are independent and they do
not depend on the what is happening with the original node (where the
registration was pushed from).