[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips mysql database connectivity

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Jul 5 18:54:04 CEST 2016

Hi Owais,

OpenSIPS will create 1 blocking SQL DB connection per worker, per
different backend, per unique DB URL. Should this connection be lost
during runtime, it will attempt X retries (usually 3), before returning
an error for the query. There is no need for more than 1 connection for
each worker as it will run every query sequentially.

Starting with OpenSIPS 2.1, if you use async MySQL queries, then every
worker will open, at most, a pool of "db_max_async_connections" [1]
connections with every backend and unique DB URL, based on how many
concurrent queries it needs to perform over there. The connections in
the async pool are always reused, and the pool may grow if there is
demand for it.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-2-3#toc39

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer