[OpenSIPS-Users] presence xpidf

Stas Kobzar stas.kobzar at modulis.ca
Tue Jan 26 20:12:38 CET 2016

Hello Jarrod,

Thanks for pointing that. That's true what you are saying for
attendant.resourceList parameter. We also use it for BLF and call pickup.
XPIDF is used by Polycom directory presence.

It looks like XPIDF is the content type Polycom uses for P2P presence.
So, if I configure OpenSIPS to simply relay SUBSCRIBE of one Polycom to
another, it works great. Then I just need to take care that NOTIFY packets
from one Polycom can reach another Polycom
and I can set with phone status like "On lunch". Nice colorful icons are
changed on the phone's screen.

What I want, is to change it on the Polycom phone with OpenSIPS MI. And
this is where I had some trouble.

I do not insist that OpenSIPS must support it as I want it. I am just
looking around if this is possible.

Stas

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM, <jarrod at unixc.org> wrote:

> I had a similar issue using the older Polycom OS and BLF using the
> directory and buddy watch (xpidf+xml) that Freeswitch supports really well.
>
> However, after upgrading the Polycom’s and using the
> newer attendant.resourceList method for BLF, I found that they use the
> standard dialoginfo supported by OpenSIPS’ presence_dialoginfo module.
>
> Jarrod
>
> On Jan 26, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Newlin, Ben <Ben.Newlin at inin.com> wrote:
>
> I know I have used presence extensively with Polycom phones using
> pidf+xml. I know they support it. Maybe there is some setting in your model
> specifying the remote server type? If that is set to Microsoft Lync the
> Polycom may be sending xpidf for compatibility.
>
> But Polycom phones absolutely support pidf+xml. We implemented a presence
> feature last year using only Polycom and SIP SIMPLE.
>
> Ben Newlin

Stas Kobzar

Developeur VoIP / VoIP Developer

Modulis­.ca Inc.