[OpenSIPS-Users] How to take control of Record-Routes header fields? Need remove one of two.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Fri Jan 15 12:18:18 CET 2016

Hi. Eric.

Thank you.

This situation started after adding 'alias' and 'advertised_address' in my OpenSIPS.cfg file.

My intention is to make Opensips consider only its public IP (it is behind a NAT), when forwarding messages and when receiving too, not the private one.

Any comment?

I will also check the chapter 9 of the Flavio's book, that is about SIP NAT Traversal.

I just have to find a successful way to opensips work well behind a NAT.

When there is 2 Record-routes in some messages, the softphones used to choose one of it as route to the proxy. The problem is that softphones always use to choose that one with private IP. In this case, when opensips is behind NAT, a softphone on Internet will choose the wrong route.

So, maybe if I find a way to alter the order of Record-Routes header fields in SIP messages, the problem will be solved.

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software