[OpenSIPS-Users] Generating 183 reply and Playing Early Media using rtpproxy_stream2uac()

Husnain Taseer husnain.taseer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:33:29 CET 2016

Dear Users,
I have a scenario where I want to Play an announcement as early media to
the UAC before answering the call but I don't want to use any media server
like asterisk/Freeswitch.

When user agent sends an INVITE I am calling rtpproxy_offer() and sending
INVITE to B party. On 100 Trying from B party I am
calling rtpproxy_stream2uac() and streaming the file I can see that RTPs
are going towards the UAC (caller) but softphone is not accepting those
RTPs because 183 was not sent to the softphone so he don't know the media
details of the rtpproxy. but as 200 Ok reaches to the softphone last part
of the audio can be heard immediately after Answer.

So I think on 100 Trying from B Part if I send 183 Session Progress to the
softphone and then starting the RTP stream will work. So can you please
tell me is there a way to generate 183 Session Progress with media details
of RTPPROXY in opensips ? so that my scenario starts work.

Regards,
Husnain Taseer
VoIP Developer