[OpenSIPS-Users] How to fix contact info and RTP port in SDP? Is fix_nated_sdp function enough?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Fri Feb 5 20:16:27 CET 2016

Dear OpenSIPS-users,

Two clients of my OpenSIPS are located behind different NATs and I have just started to search a way to mangles the SDP messages for both of them in a way that will make the parties talk directly with each other (direct media). After reading the proxy documentation (modules NATHELPER, STUN, MEDIAPROXY and NAT_TRAVERSAL) I have found the function fix_nated_sdp.

However, it seems that such function replaces the original contact IP, but not the RTP ports.

So I ask: what is the utility of the function fix_nated_sdp, if it fixes the contact info, but not the port? I mean, how can I fix the SDP in a way that contact info and RTP port will be valid to send media to a peer that is behind a NAT?

Any hint will be very very helpful!!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center