[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] Mid-registrar: scalable registration and call forking

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Dec 21 04:09:07 EST 2016

Hi Samy!

Very good questions!

- thanks for pointing this out; I have put mid-registrar replication on
the TODO list (the code needs just a few tweaks in order for this to work)

- throttling SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH requests is definitely feasible (there
were actually quite a few discussions regarding this during both ClueCon
and AstriCon). Just as a note, the mid-registrar implementation is very
light, and cannot be quickly reused in the code of the presence modules,
since it relies on an usrloc API extension.

Thanks for the feedback!

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com