[OpenSIPS-Users] Mi_datagram perfomance.

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Wed Dec 21 04:02:56 EST 2016

Hi, Kirill!

If you want to get info from OpenSIPS remotely, you have two choices:
1. mi_xmlrpc - this goes over TCP and delivers information in XML
format. There are a couple of libraries that implement this protocol, so
it should be pretty easy to develop a connector.
2. mi_datagram - this goes over UDP and it is more lightweight. The
payload is a bit smaller (because there is no xml tags overhead), but it
is a bit harder to parse.

In terms of performance, the impact on OpenSIPS is not that huge (unless
you are doing >1000 queries per second).

Hope this helps,
Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions