[OpenSIPS-Users] Questions in opensips

Travis Manson-Drake travism at simplybits.com
Tue Sep 29 18:54:57 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I wanted to pick your brains and see if any of you have done something like this before, or might eb able to send me in the right direction.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thought process

Sip packet comes into proxy

-          Proxy parses sip message, and checks from_uri (for example {exten}{CustomerConetxt}@proxyIPaddr)
-  once the proxy parses the data, we query a database.
- based on the value of {exten} & {CustomerContext}, the query returns a value   of which PBX this {exten}&{CustomerContext} belongs to.
- once this info has been returned to the proxy it then manipulates the dest_uri to something like {exten}&{CustomerContext}@PBX DNS

At this point the sip message is forwarded onto the appropriate PBX, and we simply Record_Route for future communications.

I know I can hard code the PBX's value in the sip server of the UAC, and just have the proxy do what it does.
But what I'm really trying to go for is to simply hardcode the info for a sip proxy, have the UAC send its request to it, then it forwards on traffic to the appropriate PBX based upon the value of the from_uri

With that being said:

How would I do this?

I had looked at sipmsgops and some of its functions however I can't seem to find one that will enable me to pull just the dest uri, & extract info from it

Is there also a function in sipmsgops for manipulating the dest_uri?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,

Travis Manson-Drake
Voice Systems Analyst L1