[OpenSIPS-Users] How to set default_timeout for dialogs, without resetting OpenSIPS ?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Fri Sep 25 22:56:52 CEST 2015

Dear OpenSIPS-Users,

A kind of management application in my project must provide an way of a  system manager sets the default_timeout for dialogs in our already running OpenSIPS. How to do it?

I was looking for an way of sending a command to OpenSIPS 2.2 to configure it to tear down (hang up) every call after a determined timeout. So I have just read about MI, dialog exported MI functions and dialog exported pseud-variables. What I want is to configure the default_timeout without having to reset the OpenSIPS.

However, I didn't find a way of doing that. I was thing about to use mi_fifo and a exported command, but no way.

Is there a way of controlling the default_timeout for dialogs, while OpenSIPS is running?

If not, I was thinking about changing the value of timeout column in the table dialog, for each dialog. But, it sounds a bit complicated.

Any idea?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO