[OpenSIPS-Users] Migrating from RTPProxy to MediaProxy

Terrance Devor ter.devor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:26:50 CEST 2015

Hello Everyone,

Our current NAT'ed environment is as follows

Internet <-------> Cisco Green Box <---------> OpenSIPS (192.168.2.2)
                                                  <---------> RTPProxy
(192.168.2.5)

I think this is called far end nat? Anyhow, it works perfectly fine (ie,
flows media) however, we are looking to migrate to MediaProxy to take
advantage of CDR tool as well as it's ICE implementation.
Can MediaProxy run in a natted environment such as Amazon AWC etc...? With
RTPProxy we can specify Public Private IP address using -l:

rtpproxy -s udp:192.168.2.5:7789 -l 192.168.2.5/74.1.1.1.1 -m 8000 -M 65535
-u root root -F -d INFO LOG_LOCAL0

Is this also possible with MediaProxy? Also, how difficult is it to migrate
to MediaProxy from within OpenSIPS?

Kind Regards,

Terrance