[OpenSIPS-Users] Proxy question

Travis Manson-Drake travism at simplybits.com
Mon Oct 19 17:41:17 CEST 2015

Hey Flavio!

Good to hear from you.

I checked to make sure my ALG was disabled, it is. I recall you telling me you had trouble with Mikrotiks before when I was in your bootcamp a few months ago.

However to answer your question.

All I’m really trying to do is have my Opensips Proxy hand all traffic off to the appropriate Asterisk PBX based on the auth_userID of a UAC.

The proxy will simply be acting as a stateful relay.

I have it working for the most part, but what seems to be stumping me is the Ip addr address sees the UAC behind is the FW in front of theProxy and not the ip address of the FW the UAC is behind

For example:

When I do a “sip show peer 7001context” in asterisk

Ip->addr will show the ip of the FW in front of my Opensips proxy and not the ip address of the FW in front of my UAC

The reason this is a problem is because we track the location of registered UAC’s based on the value of that ip address.

I was thinking of messing around with $si, but I don’t know where I would use it as I have no registration logic in my proxy.

If you like I can send you a copy of my opensips.cfg file?

Any help and or advice is incredibly appreciated!

Thank you very much for your time!

-Travis Manson