[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence Server performance test

surya chauhan.suryaveer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:57:24 CEST 2015

Hi,

I want to test the performance of presence server in different scenarios.
How can I do that properly?

I know the tool is SIPP for generating load and tested few scenarios like
PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE-NOTIFY. But not sure of the proper way in terms of
what all parameters to set while sending the sipp request and the scenarios
to test.

Example Scenarios
1. PUBLISH (new with no subscriber)
2. SUBSCRIBE - NOTIFY
3. PUBLISH - NOTIFY (refresh)
 What else?

Now the sipp parameters, I am confused what values to set for rate, period
and max or how to vary them.

I have never done performance testing so basically what I need is some
guidance to do some tests which makes some sense.

Thanks,
Surya