No subject

Thu Mar 26 14:29:42 CET 2015

public IP for callee. Can you do a small test ? Re register your callee
phone and within same second make a call to callee. I'm having doubts about
a firewall closing the connection between the Callee UA and the OpenSIPS.

On Aug 6, 2015 8:00 AM, "Nabeel" <nabeelshikder at gmail.com> wrote:

> My OpenSIPS runs on a public IP.  The callee was connected to Wi-Fi in my
> first test earlier, but in the second test the callee was connected to a
> public IP  (public mobile network).  In both cases, the same '404 timeout'
> error occurred on call attempt.  The SIP trace for the second case is at
> this link:
>
> http://pastebin.com/jGxRQ34q
>
> Regarding private IP, you said it's impossible to route from public IP to
> private IP.  Although at the IP level this may be true, even if the user is
> on Wi-Fi, the whole point of NAT traversal is that the user's public IP is
> discovered and the call can get connected, is that not right?  I'm fact,
> using a TURN server and a different SIP proxy, I was able to connect these
> same devices under the same networks, so I know this should be possible.  I
> feel something is not configured correctly in OpenSIPS / rtpproxy.
>
> I did "opensipsctl ul show" and the results seem normal; please check it:
>
> http://pastebin.com/n1BbTuMK
>
> Perhaps the NAT processing just needs a bit more time; in thar case what
> are the config options to increase the request timeout for UDP?  I have
> seen the 'tcp_send_timeout' and 'tcp_connect_timeout' options for TCP, but
> please let me know if there are similar options for UDP.
> On 6 Aug 2015 12:08, "Bogdan-Andrei Iancu" <bogdan at opensips.org> wrote:
>
>> Nabeel,
>>
>> I suppose you OpenSIPS seats on a public IP, right ? The callee looks to
>> have a private IP. And, at IP level, it is impossible to route from a
>> public IP to a private one.
>>
>> I see your script has NAT traversal support. My question is - did the
>> callee properly registered via this script ? can you do an "opensipsctl ul
>> show" to see the callee's registration ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> OpenSIPS Founder and Developerhttp://www.opensips-solutions.com
>>
>> On 06.08.2015 07:14, Nabeel wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, the destination IP is  192.168.0.19:60912 and both phones are
>> registered to OpenSIPS.  In this case, the callee is connected to Wi-Fi
>> (hence 192.xx IP address) and the caller is connected to a mobile network.
>>
>> The opensips.cfg I am using was generated from 'make menuconfig', except
>> with the addition of "alias=domain.com". I have attached my config file
>> at this link:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/0QRyC938
>>

>> On 6 August 2015 at 05:00, SamyGo <govoiper at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nabeel,
>>> Quick question; what is this destination ip? 192.168.0.19:60912 ? - Destination
>>> User Agent Registered on OpenSIPS?
>>> Can you share the opensips.cfg code snippet for this call ?

--001a11392244b62df2051ca45a77

ng your assumptions in last paragraph.=C2=A0</p><p dir=3D"ltr">The NAT rela=
ted parameters get saved in location table as OpenSIPS sets flags and upon =
a call to that user those are used immediately and no timer is used as such=
.=C2=A0</p><p dir=3D"ltr">Now at the time of signalling rtpproxy has no rol=
e to play to work NAT or anything.=C2=A0 RTPproxy will just use IP addresse=
s in SDP as instructed in the script to have a media path.=C2=A0</p><p>From=
 the SIP trace you shared it do looks like its sending to the right public =
IP for callee. Can you do a small test ? Re register your callee phone and =
within same second make a call to callee. I&#39;m having doubts about a fir=
ewall closing the connection between the Callee UA and the OpenSIPS.=C2=A0<=
a href=3D"mailto:nabeelshikder at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">nabeelshikder at g=
mail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1=
ex"><p dir=3D"ltr">My OpenSIPS runs on a public IP.=C2=A0 The callee was co=
nnected to Wi-Fi in my first test earlier, but in the second test the calle=
e was connected to a public IP=C2=A0 (public mobile network).=C2=A0 In both=
 cases, the same &#39;404 timeout&#39; error occurred on call attempt.=C2=
=A0 The SIP trace for the second case is at this link: </p>
ttp://pastebin.com/jGxRQ34q</a></p>
from public IP to private IP.=C2=A0 Although at the IP level this may be tr=
ue, even if the user is on Wi-Fi, the whole point of NAT traversal is that =
the user&#39;s public IP is discovered and the call can get connected, is t=
hat not right?=C2=A0 I&#39;m fact,=C2=A0 using a TURN server and a differen=
t SIP proxy, I was able to connect these same devices under the same networ=
ks, so I know this should be possible.=C2=A0 I feel something is not config=
ured correctly in OpenSIPS / rtpproxy.</p>
ormal; please check it:</p>
ttp://pastebin.com/n1BbTuMK</a></p>
ar case what are the config options to increase the request timeout for UDP=
?=C2=A0 I have seen the &#39;tcp_send_timeout&#39; and &#39;tcp_connect_tim=
eout&#39; options for TCP, but please let me know if there are similar opti=
ons for UDP.</p>
uot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bogdan at opensips.org" target=3D"_blank">bogdan at op=
ensips.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmai=
l_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left=
:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    <tt>Nabeel,<br>
      I suppose you OpenSIPS seats on a public IP, right ? The callee
      looks to have a private IP. And, at IP level, it is impossible to
      route from a public IP to a private one.<br>
      I see your script has NAT traversal support. My question is - did
      the callee properly registered via this script ? can you do an
      &quot;opensipsctl ul show&quot; to see the callee&#39;s registration =
?<br>
      Regards,<br>
    </tt>
    <pre cols=3D"72">Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer
opensips-solutions.com</a></pre>
00001907349px">=C2=A0</span><span><a href=3D"http://192.168.0.19:60912/" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">192.168.0.19:60912</a>=C2=A0and both phones are
            registered to OpenSIPS.=C2=A0 In this case, the callee is
            connected to Wi-Fi (hence 192.xx IP address) and the caller
            is connected to a mobile network.</span></div>
            Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera
            Sans Mono, monospace, serif"><span style=3D"font-size:12px;line=
-height:21px">The opensips.cfg I
              am using was generated from &#39;make menuconfig&#39;, except=
 with
              the addition of &quot;alias=3D<a href=3D"http://domain.com" t=
arget=3D"_blank">domain.com</a>&quot;. I have
            Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera
            Sans Mono, monospace, serif"><span style=3D"font-size:12px;line=
-height:21px"><br>
-height:21px"><a href=3D"http://pastebin.com/0QRyC938" target=3D"_blank">ht=
            Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera
            Sans Mono, monospace, serif"><span style=3D"font-size:12px;line=
-height:21px"><br>
            Console, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, Bitstream Vera
            Sans Mono, monospace, serif"><span style=3D"font-size:12px;line=
-height:21px"><br>
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:govoiper at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">gov=
oiper at gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
/a>
                User Agent Registered on OpenSIPS?</div>
                call ?</div>
                    Nabeel <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nabeelsh=
ikder at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">nabeelshikder at gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
                    wrote:<br>
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                          by &#39;make menuconfig&#39;, with UDP and NAT su=
pport
                          enabled.=C2=A0 I added &quot;alias=3D<a href=3D"h=
ttp://domain.com" target=3D"_blank">domain.com</a>&quot;
                          to the config because otherwise the UA did not
                          register with my domain (<a href=3D"mailto:userna=
me at domain.com" target=3D"_blank">username at domain.com</a>).=C2=A0When
                          I attempt to make a call, I see &#39;408 Request
                          Timeout&#39; in the sip trace and the call does
                          not connect.=C2=A0 Please check the log/trace bel=
ow
                          and advise how to fix this.</div>
_blank">http://pastebin.com/u5h9qGNr</a><br>
t=3D"_blank">http://pastebin.com/B8PUCKh0</a><br>