[OpenSIPS-Users] Some questions about Presence server

ag at ag-projects.com ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 31 14:42:59 CEST 2015

If your OpenSIPS server acts like a Presence Agent (handles Publish and Subscribe internally and sends out Notifies) you will need an XCAP server to manage the presence policy of the end-points to know who is allowed to see the presence or not.

If your OpenSIPS relay the Subscribe messages  between the end-points and they generate the Notify then you do not need an XCAP server.

Regards,
Adrian

On 31 Mar 2015, at 07:21, Michele Pinassi <michele.pinassi at unisi.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i've read the tutorial on OpenSIPS site
> (http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Presence-SimplePresConfig)
> but i suspect that my simple presence server don't work as expected,
> causing me some annoying troubles.
>
> Mainly, is not clear if the Basic Presence Server need OpenXCAP or
> similar server installed and working: seems not, but for some reasons my
> OpenSIPS's presence route (http://pastebin.com/FV2L6JaS) handle
> SUBSCRIBE and PRESENCE but don't send NOTIFY.
>
> I've tried suggested configuration but no way, NOTIFY weren't sent out.
>
> If i disable all routing and handling for SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY and
> PRESENCE, all works as expected. But because i want to mantain control
> over my system, i want to let OpenSIPS manage all requests.
>
> You can see my config on http://pastebin.com/FV2L6JaS
>
> This issue caused me a lot of frustration because i can't figure out why
> doesn't work...
>
> Michele
>
> --
> Michele Pinassi
> Responsabile Telefonia di Ateneo
> Servizio Reti, Sistemi e Sicurezza Informatica - Università degli Studi di Siena
> tel: 0577.(23)5000 - fax: 0577.(23)2053
>
> Per trovare una soluzione rapida ai tuoi problemi tecnici
> consulta le FAQ di Ateneo, http://www.faq.unisi.it

Adrian