[OpenSIPS-Users] CSeq and automatic call termination issue

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:12:04 CET 2015

Hi all,

In my testing environment, there are one SIP outbound proxy and one SIP
server. The message flow of call setup is like caller->SIP outbound
proxy->SIP server->SIP outbound proxy->callee. When the SIP outbound proxy
receives an INVITE request from the SIP server, it calls create_dialog("B").
The automatic call termination timer is set to 30 minutes
(modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", 1800)). This feature works well when
no REFER/PRACK requests are sent during a dialog. If some REFER/PRACK are
sent in the same dialog (CSeq increase), the BYE sent from SIP outbound
proxy will be *reject by the client due to 500 (lower Cseq)*. I call
match_dialog() in the SIP outbound proxy/SIP server when receiving
REFER/PRACK. Can someone share how to address this issue? Any comment is
greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Chen-Che