[OpenSIPS-Users] Dropped request on branch route causes error message

Patrick Wakano pwakano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:46:03 CEST 2015

Hi list,

Sometimes my routing logic decides not to forward an Invite request and
then I drop() this request.
The problem is that if I drop the request from the branch_route the
following error message appears:
ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: failure to add branches

I found this thread (
http://opensips.org/pipermail/users/2014-October/030155.html) in which
Bogdan states that 'IF no branch is actually sent out, you will get the
error logs from "t_forward_nonack" (as you have)'.
But is it some bad practice or design error to have no branch sent out at
all?
Everything seems to work fine but this error message bugs me....

Regards,
Patrick