[OpenSIPS-Users] Which TLS methoud should I use?

Carlos Oliva carlos.oliva at invoxcontact.com
Wed Jul 15 13:33:40 CEST 2015

Hi list,

We are implementing TLS and have a doubt about wich TLS method should we use.

Now we are using SSLv23 as suggested in
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/proto_tls.html#id293824
but we think is a very old method (and not RFC3261 conformant) and
TLS1.2 should be modern and most secure. An aditional problem is that
we are using VoiPMonitor sniffer and in the current version they don't
support SSLv2 because is old and insecure, and I think are good
reasons to not support it.

We are using different clients hardphones from Linksys/Cisco, Snom,
Grandstream, Polycom and Yealink and softphones from Zoiper (versions
2 and 3) Jitsi, Blink, Cloud Softphone (Android), CSipSimple (Android)
and Bria (iPhone) as you see lots of different clients.

I'm asking about opinions. Based in your experience what method do you
think should be better?

thanks and Regards,

Carlos Oliva