[OpenSIPS-Users] Async Event route_replies

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Jan 29 14:42:29 CET 2015

Hi Dan,

The event mechanism is by definition an one way communication system. I
understand what you are looking for, but the event system is not the
answer for it (at least not anymore if you do look to get a sort of
replies back).
You can get CDRS or others via events, but for auth purposes, the events
are not the way to do it.

Do not get me wrong, but (1) as concept, events do not have replies and
(2) the whole implementation is done in this regards.  So, let's not try
to have "one solution fits all". Events are limited to one way direction.

What would be the perfect answer for you is a kind on protocol to
interact with an external app - to be able to push to an external app
various data and to wait for an answer (something like AAA does, but
this is limited to couple of scenarios).

Now, for a current solution : why considering a complex approach with
parking transactions, triggering unpark events via MI, having special
routs and so, when you simply use the script async functions to execute,
suspend and resume the INVITE processing - it is a much simpler and
straight forward approach. What is needed is to encapsulate the
interaction with your billing (request + reply) under one of the
supported async functions (exec, REST, mysql).

Let me know if doing a short call will help in shorting this out.

Best regards,