[OpenSIPS-Users] Planning OpenSIPS 2.1 release - heads up

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Feb 24 15:22:59 CET 2015

Hello all,

Everybody is looking forward for the next OpenSIPS release, the major
2.1, which is planned for end of February - at least this was the plan
so far.
I our desire to make of 2.1 a radical improvement, we committed to
several major changes/redesigns and new valuable functionalities. And
they do burn time to get them done, especially as we want them : in the
best possible way.

In oder to finish all we committed for, the release date is now
estimated for first half of March - some important parts of code still
need to be settled down and we do not want to make any kind of
compromise in quality.

Just to give you a heads up on what OpenSIPS 2.1 will bring:
     - internal re-design around async reactors for load-balancing tasks
inside OpenSIPS
     - async I/O support in scripts for db queries, exec, rest client
     - refactoring of the networking and protocol related code (protos
are now modules)
     - webSockets support
     - Quality Based Routing new module
     - Compression new module
     - Fraud Detection new module
     - Emergency Call handling new module
     - rtpengine support
     - partitioning support in Dynamic Routing, Diaplan and Dispatcher

and many other - when the coding taks is done, we will proceed withe
"bothersome" task of updating docs, new and migration.

Whoever gives a try to 2.1 version, please report any problems or
crashes asap to us ! better have them done now rather than later :P

Best regards,