[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips + RtpProxy: media stream timed out while starting

Babil gsbabil at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 03:38:59 CET 2015

Hi Semen,
what is your network configuration? If the RTP-Proxy machine is an
Amazon EC-2 (or alike) instance where an "elastic" public IP is attached
to the Ethernet interface which has a different internal DHCP provided
address (or you have a port-forwarding scenario), you'd need to use a
patched version of RTP-Proxy.

The RTP-Proxy patch, as shown here [0], will allow you to have an
additional '-A' option to modify the advertised IP address (external
publicly visible IP address) by RTP-Proxy which should resolve the
timeout issues you are experiencing. This version [1] on Github also
seems to have the patch integrated. You'll find a longer discussion on
the RTP-Proxy and NAT problem here [2].

Hope this helps. Good luck.

P.S.
In order to check your network address dissimilarities, you may try the
following commands. I'm considering your external interface is `eth0`:

```
ifconfig eth0 | grep 'inet'
## or,
#ip addr show dev eth0 | grep 'inet'
## followed by
curl 'ipinfo.io/ip'
```

You may run RTP-Proxy as:

```
sudo rtpproxy -d DBUG:LOG_LOCAL5 -f -s udp:127.0.0.1:12221 -u
rtpproxy:rtpproxy -p /var/run/rtpproxy/rtpproxy.pid -A 54.111.222.123 -l
10.0.0.2 -m 16384 -M 32768
```

[0] http://bit.ly/1KUS9bx
[1] https://github.com/sippy/rtpproxy
[2] http://bit.ly/1CpQXe9

Babil (Golam Sarwar)

PGP Key Fingerprint : D3A1 EED0 5BA0 72D3 A011 75CB 8EA6 7D99 F433 E92D
PGP Key Download URL: http://bit.ly/gsbabil-pgp-key

Regards,