[OpenSIPS-Users] How to customize response on fr_inv_timer

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Feb 12 20:07:19 CET 2015

Hi Hamid,

When there is an internal timeout, what happens is:
1) Opensips sends CANCEL to callee
2) OpenSIPS generates and internal 408 reply for that branch, reply that
you can see in failure route
3) the received 487 from callee is absorbed by OpenSIPS (as a 408 was
already generated).

So, if you do not do anything in failure route (like creating a new
branch or sending your own reply back to callee), the 408 will be sent
to caller.