[OpenSIPS-Users] 408 Request Timeout with UDP

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Aug 6 16:41:04 CEST 2015

Hi Nabeel,

This time the SIP trace looks ok - the message is sent to a public IP
and not a private one (as shown in the prev capture). Also the usrloc
data looks ok, telling that the NAT traversal works ok.
As you have Mobile Data, some operators do filter SIP, so not sure what say.

Do you see the sip messages going back and forward during the
registration process ?

An issue may be the fact the default script does non-SIP pinging (which
is unidirectional), so the NAT may close. Add the followings:
1) modparam("nathelper", "sipping_bflag", "SIP_PING_FLAG")
modparam("nathelper", "sipping_from", "sip:pinger at xx.xx.xx.xx")

2) setbflag(SIP_PING_FLAG); before doing save()

You should see OpenSIPS doing keep alive with OPTIONS requests.